Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chapter 32 - Michael/Leesie CHAT!

I couldn't figure out how to write this scene. It came out as a long conversation. And then I realized, duh, Michael and Leesie aren't in the same apartment anymore. They can chat!! It was so much fun to type this up as a chat. It gives an unbiased spin to the conversation.



CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

LEESIE HUNT CHATSPOT LOG / 07/06  5:30 PM

liv2div says: hey babe, it’s me…I borrowed Alex’s computer
Leesie327 says: Does this mean you aren’t coming over tonight?
liv2div says: I have to teach…last minute
Leesie327 says: We missed you at church yesterday.
liv2div says: I missed going.
Leesie327 says: Really?
liv2div says: don’t get mad…I’ve been reading the Book of Mormon without you
Leesie327 says: That’s amazing! Read as much as you want.
liv2div says: I got to the part where an angel stopped that rebellious guy and his friends and told them to change their evil ways…I feel kind of like that
Leesie327 says: I never said you were evil.
liv2div says: who says you’re the angel?
Leesie327 says: I forgot what a snot you are when we chat.
liv2div says: how’d you get to church?
Leesie327 says: Junior has a vintage VW bus.
liv2div says: whoa, classy wheels
Leesie327 says: He got it back from a friend on Saturday. I helped him scrub it this morning, but it still smells like pot.
liv2div says: how do you know what pot smells like?
Leesie327 says: Today was an education.
liv2div says: So, babe, what do you want to do now that Jaz doesn’t need you?
Leesie327 says: She still needs me—lots. I’m going to help with the fish shack, too.
liv2div says: how long?
Leesie327 says: Until you’re done here, I guess.
liv2div says: And then I can take you home?
Leesie327 says: Yeah. For sure. Let’s go so there’s plenty of time before school starts.
liv2div says: time for what?
Leesie327 says: To see my parents and Stephie. Visit Gram, and um
liv2div says: spill it…what else?
Leesie327 says: Maybe enough time to have a quiet wedding in the backyard?
liv2div says: What if I got baptized? Would there be time for a wedding in the temple?
Leesie327 says: Excuse me. I just had heart failure. Did you really say that?
liv2div says: it doesn’t seem impossible anymore
Leesie327 says: Listen, I’d love to have you get baptized that soon, but I don’t want to rush you. Take your time. You have to be a member for a year before you can go to the temple.
liv2div says: A whole year? That’s a new one. I thought all I had to do was get baptized.
Leesie327 says: Baptism is a huge step. Don’t do it until you’re totally ready. But marry me before we move down to Provo.
liv2div says: what if I decide not to get baptized?
Leesie327 says: It won’t make me love you less. I’ll respect your decision and pray you’ll change your heart.
liv2div says: if you start praying, I won’t stand a chance!
Leesie327 says: So I can tell my mom to start planning a wedding?
liv2div says: no…don’t do that
Leesie327 says: Please, Michael. I’ve got your diamond on my finger. End of the summer. You promised.
liv2div says: in the backyard? even if I’m not a Mormon?
Leesie327 says: If we’re married, we can have our own apartment, no more saying good-bye every night, and we can—24/7, remember?
liv2div says: I know
Leesie327 says: Don’t you want that?
liv2div says: of course I do
Leesie327 says: So we can get married?
liv2div says: let me think about it
Leesie327 says: You’re not getting out of it.
liv2div says: what am I supposed to do in Provo?
Leesie327 says: That’s you’re problem.
liv2div says: maybe I want to come back to Cayman and work or go somewhere else
Leesie327 says: You need to go to college. You could go to the U or UVU.
liv2div says: and study what?
Leesie327 says: I don’t care. Our kids need an educated father.
liv2div says: KIDS!
Leesie327 says: Uh-huh. Three girls and two boys.
liv2div says: FIVE?
Leesie327 says: Don’t you want kids?
liv2div says: yeah, I do
Leesie327 says: I’m starting young. We can have lots.
liv2div says: We’re just 19.
Leesie327 says: I’m almost twenty.
liv2div says: not…maybe we should wait that year
Leesie327 says: No. No way. You’ll take off. Leave me again. I’ll lose you.
liv2div says: give me some credit…I’ll stay in Provo…I won’t let you out of my sight
Leesie327 says: But that puts all kinds of pressure on you to get baptized right away. I won’t do that to you.
liv2div says: you aren’t doing it…I am…you really want to be a mom at twenty?
Leesie327 says: So we’ll wait a couple years on the kids. Let’s just get married. The backyard will be full of flowers in August.
liv2div says: and what will you tell those kids of ours when they want to do that instead of hang on for the temple?
Leesie327 says: That their father drove me crazy every time he walked into a room, and we’d suffered long enough.
liv2div says: you just want my body?
Leesie327 says: Uh-huh.
liv2div says: aren’t you the girl who taught me we came to earth to be tested?
Leesie327 says: That’s not fair. You’re too good a student. I give.
liv2div says: get used to it, babe, I don’t like to lose
Leesie327 says: That means we wait? Crap. What do we do next?
liv2div says: I guess we better call the missionaries…if I’m going to do this, let’s do it!


12 comments:

  1. speechless........ I am speechless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! But I'm SO ready for them to get married! I feel like Leesie, I really don't want them to wait anymore I just want them to get married, and go home (but not in that order)! I can't wait to see how everything plays out when they go home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm crying ... this is insane /haha/.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I want them to be married too! The suspense is killer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally! Hahahaha! Yes! I'm crying, again! I loved reading that chat, I've missed their chats with each other. That chat was by far there best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that she is okay if he changes his mind, and that he is pressuring her to do it the right way.
    Great chat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited and I think this was the best chat yet. I actually forgot how much I loved their chats! And I knew they had to wait a year to get married in the temple but I was hoping that because this was fiction that would be ignored.... guess not :) But it has all been accurate so far so it's good this part is too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. is he saying ' Lets do it '
    as in get married OR as in get baptized ?
    I hate been waiting for this conversation FOR a LONG time !

    ReplyDelete
  9. He means, let's call the missionaries!

    I've been waiting to write this chat for a long time, too. Stayed tuned. I'm typing up today's Leesie poem write now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a bit late catching up here, but just had to say I love having a Michael/Leesie chat again!

    ReplyDelete